It allows young adults to live away from home for three months or longer while learning life skills. Find information about these residential programs at Parent Training and Information Centers (PTIs) and at fairs for special needs camps. Supported Living Does your child need help handling some of the responsibilities of adulthood? Supported living offers a broad spectrum of services.